Wednesday, August 22, 2012

China Glaze Summer Neons 2012 Collection Swatches

Happy Humpday! Today I have swatches of China Glaze's Summer Neons 2012. I know there are swatches that have been out for awhile already, but the nail store I go to got them kinda late and I wanted to play with them before my summer vacation ends so here they are! There are 10 neons with shimmer and 2 vibrant jellies. All are shown with topcoat.


Ride the Waves. As you can see, it's a jelly and I still have some VNL after 3 coats so I probably won't be wearing it alone.

Splish Splash

Under the Boardwalk. This jelly was perfect in 2 coats.

Beach Cruise-r

Sun-Kissed

I'm with the Lifeguard

Orange You Hot?

Surfin' for Boys


Hang Ten Toes

Love's a Beach

Flirty Tankini

Pink Plumeria
Feel free to click on the photos to enlarge them. You'll be able to see all of the fine shimmer in them that makes them unlike any other polishes I own. I have not been too fond of neons in the past because they can be tricky to apply and usually chip quicker than other polishes, but not with these. I'm not sure if it's the shimmer in them that makes it different, but these are much easier to apply and last as long as other non-neon polishes I own. My only complaint is that they take quite awhile to dry. At first I was doing 2 coats of each, but then started doing 3 thinner coats to allow them to dry better. I'm kind of sad summer is coming to an end, but that will not stop me from wearing these!

8 comments:

  1. All of these look so pretty on you, Nat! I only got Pink Plumeria from this collection and I do like it but all the blogs i've seen post about it the color is much more of a baby neon pink and mine is a lot darker it seems. I still love it though. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Aww really?! Yea it is supposed to be pretty light. Sorry to hear about yours =/

      Delete
  2. I love 'Under the Boardwalk' because of the jelly texture. It's special and I haven't got a jelly polish yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It would make a great first one to own =]

      Delete
  3. I love these- I can't see myself only wearing them in summer- I love bright colors!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Me too! I will definitely keep sportin' these colors in the fall and winter LOL

      Delete
  4. Love all the pinks, and this whole collection looks great on you! Your nails are a really nice length, mine never get that long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! After I finished swatching these I gave them a chop LOL.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by to leave a comment. Reading all of your lovely comments always makes my day =] Please do not leave links in your comment, I will not publish them. If you would like me to check out your blog, please feel free to send me an email at heartnat24@gmail.com